Search Results - Benefits

« Back to Advice Categories

Results as a List

Skip to Filter Results
Refine your search results using 1 or more of the following filters

Displaying 1-10 of 15 results

  • Social Fund

    The Department of Work and Pensions is responsible for other parts of the social fund such as budgeting loans, alignment payments, sure start maternity grants, funeral payments, cold weather payments and winter fuel payments.
    Back to top
  • Citizens Advice – Benefits

    Self help from Citizens Advice (formerly Adviceguide). Information on benefits and tax credits. Also information about council tax and housing costs, national insurance, payment of benefits and problems with benefits.
    Back to top
  • Age UK – money matters

    Guides and factsheets aimed at keeping you informed on information surrounding money matters. Guides are short and easy to digest giving a comprehensive overview of a subject. Factsheets are longer, more detailed and aimed at professionals.
    Back to top
  • Carers UK

    A national organisation that gives advice for carers on general matters around being a carer, and has information on different Welfare Benefits for those that care or the people they care for.  
    Contact Info
    t: 0808 808 7777

    Suitable for: Carers and people being cared for

    Back to top
  • Entitled to

    Entitled To is a benefits calculator which members of the public can use to check which benefits they might be eligible for and how much. Use the benefits calculator to see what benefits you are entitled to. There are over 300 help pages providing in-depth information on benefit rules.
    Back to top
  • Gingerbread

    Gingerbread is a national organisation providing support for single parents. The Single Parent Helpline provides support on anything from dealing with a break-up, to going back to work or sorting out maintenance, benefit or tax credit issues. The helpline will talk through your options and will send you useful information. There are also factsheets on money and benefits, work and family issues.
    Contact Info
    t: 0808 802 0925

    Suitable for: Single parent families

    Back to top
  • Independent Age

    A national charity which provides a national advice service for older people their families and carers focusing on:
    • social care - getting help at home, moving into a care home, home adaptations, telecare, getting a care assessment, aids to independent living
    • welfare benefits - Attendance Allowance, Pension Credit etc
    • befriending services and other social support.
    Arrange an appointment to speak to an adviser by calling their advice line.
    18 Avonmore Road London W14 8RR
    Contact Info
    t: 0800 319 6789 e:

    Suitable for: older people, their families and carers

    Back to top
  • Maternity Action

    Maternity Action, offers information to parents about their rights at work and information about benefits; they can also advise employers about managing pregnant women and new parents. The website has a range of factsheets and some are availing in the following languages: Spanish, Polish and Portuguese.
    Contact Info
    t: 0845 600 8533

    Suitable for: Parents and parents-to-be

    Back to top