Advice North Somerset has set up the Advice Forum, to provide networking and training opportunities to voluntary and community sector organisations that offer advice, guidance and information services to people in North Somerset.
The Forum was held on Friday 4th December at Alliance Homes in Portishead.
The purpose of this Forum was to find a way forward for Advice North Somerset. We have engaged a consultant, Jane Emanuel, to produce an evaluation of the Advice North Somerset project, giving options for going forward. As part of this work she sent a questionnaire to the membership and she presented the results of her questionnaire. Gail Bowen-Huggett is the Co-ordinator of ACFA The Advice Network – the Bristol/Avon advice network and she explained how her network works. Finally, Fiona Cope (Citizens Advice North Somerset) put forward options and ideas which were discussed by the Forum.
ADVICE NORTH SOMERSET – THE WAY FORWARD
Jane Emanuel (Consultant) presented the results of her questionnaire to the membership on the way forward.
ACFA THE ADVICE NETWORK
Gail Bowen-Huggett (Coordinator) explained how ACFA works.
OPTIONS/THE WAY FORWARD
Fiona Cope (Citizens Advice North Somerset) led a discussion on the future of Advice North Somerset
The Forum agreed that:
- Advice North Somerset should continue
- The referral system to be more widely available
- Explore ways of working/joining with ACFA (including the referral system) whilst maintaining our brand and locality
- ACFA to explore funding for ANS Project Coordinator for 0.4 FTE.
- Create ANS Steering Group – first meeting in January or February – to discuss this ins and outs and to look for funding
- Keep communication open to the wider membership.
Documents to download: