OK, you’ve got to our homepage – how do you find out what you need from the Advice Directory?
1. Click on Get Advice and choose the category of advice that you are looking for:
2. Click on the Category associated with the problem you need advice about. For example:
“I want to know what benefits I could claim” You need to click on the category ‘Benefits‘.
“My employer wants to change my hours of work” You need to click on the category ‘Employment‘.
Once you have chosen the category, you will be shown a list of results:
3. There are three types of help you can look for, using the Filter on the left hand side:
- Advice – this means a local organisation who can explain how the law applies to you and what the options are for your situation
- Self-help – this section takes you to websites with information about your problem and national helplines who may be able to advise you on your problem
- Support – this means an organisation who could provide information or help you with some parts of your problem
To change which type of help you are looking for, click one or more of the boxes to select Advice, Support or Self-help, and then press ‘Filter’ to get those results. If you don’t tick any boxes, the results will be all three types of help. The organisations who can help with your problem are listed below the filter tool.
4. If you can’t find what you are looking for, you can use the Search tool.