Finding advice: Co-operative Family Legal Services

If your client needs legal advice for a family matter, one option is to refer them to The Co-operative Legal Services Family Department (CLS). They offer a wide range of specialist family law services and cover all areas of England and Wales.

CLS do legal aid work. If a client doesn’t qualify for legal aid, they’ll pay a fixed fee, so they’ll always know how much the case will cost.

Members of the public can phone the CLS for a free initial discussion about their options and the services which are best for them.

Alternatively, an adviser can refer a client by calling a dedicated number.

If the case is urgent, CLS will make sure that advice is given right away. For example, where:

  • the client is the victim of domestic abuse, or forced marriage
  • children have been taken into local authority care, or social services are involved with their family
  • a court hearing is coming up very soon.

CLS will do their best to meet language or access needs.

For more information, visit the Adviceguide page.