Participants need a basic knowledge of PIP.
This course examines the personal independence payment (PIP) and looks specifically at how to challenge decisions, up to First Tier level.
By the end of the course participants should be able to:
- prepare PIP claims to minimise the need for reconsiderations and appeals
- support service users to claim PIP successfully if initial claim is refused
- understand the reconsideration process
- collect evidence for recons and appeals ‐ what works and what doesn’t!
- know how the appeals process works and what tactics can be used in First Tier Tribunals
- know how to identify errors of law that could lead to Upper Tier Tribunal challenges