This course aims to provide participants with an understanding of what fuel poverty is; the impact it has on service users and their households; practical ways to reduce the risk of falling into fuel debt. Through a mixture of discussions and exercises the course will cover:
- Fuel Poverty – how it is defined, who it affects and how it affects them.
- Causes of fuel debt
- Understanding energy consumption and the effect on the cost of energy bills
- Managing your bills
- Help available when you are in fuel debt
- Support for vulnerable clients
- Comparing tariffs
- Energy efficiency advice.
The course will also provide information on recent changes in supplier obligations and the technologies available to help clients to manage their bills.
The trainers are Sylwia Kulaczkowska & Aisha Sterling and the venue is to be advised.